UPDATE: For the latest boost and iOS 6, clone this repo instead, it should “just work”: https://gitorious.org/~galbraithjoseph/boostoniphone/galbraithjosephs-boostoniphone Thanks Galbraith!
First of all, Apple haven’t updated the path given by xcode-select since 4.3. xcode-select -print-path will output “/Developer”. To update it for Xcode 4.3′s new pathing, simply run:
sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
I have cloned the git repository of the excellent boost iOS framework script found here: http://goodliffe.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/building-boost-framework-for-ios-iphone.html
You can download all the necessary files from here, which most importantly contains the updated shell script:
(You will find an xcode directory in there: I haven’t touched this and it probably won’t work – but this method is easier, trust me).
We’ll need to sacrifice some automation for now. I have commented out functionality for automatically unpacking the tar.bz file. Once you have cloned the repo, follow these steps:
1) Unpack boost_1_49_0.tar.bz2
2) Apply the “xcode_43.diff” patch from here: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6686 – Note: This is a temporary fix until boost officially supports Xcode 4.3. This may be an unnecessary step in the near future. When it is, it will be safe to re-enable auto unpacking by uncommenting “rm -rf $BOOST_SRC” in “cleanEverythingReadyToStart()” and “unpackBoost” after “Execution starts here”.
4) Wait and enjoy!
5) Note: If for any reason you wish to run the script again, because the script will not clean the boost build folder due to the patch we applied, you will get duplication errors in tools/build/v2/user-config.jam. Simply open it up and remove any code under “Python configuration”. Then you can happily re-run the script.
A final thanks to the following link for helping me update the script:
About MeI'm a 22 year old an all-in-one programmer, designer and entrepreneur. I worked in Silicon Valley for a year as an app developer. Currently working on an ambitious 3D mobile game. Read more...
- RT @StartupLJackson: Most successful startups are overnight success. That night is usually somewhere between day 1000 and day 3500. https:… about 7 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Just finished the initial design mockup of my new game - going to start coding a prototype now. about 10 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I love the new Blender 3D! (I stuck with 2.49 all this time). The realtime ray tracing preview and node-based shader editing is epic. about 14 hours ago from Twitter Web Client ReplyRetweetFavorite