UPDATE: For the latest boost and iOS 6, clone this repo instead, it should “just work”: https://gitorious.org/~galbraithjoseph/boostoniphone/galbraithjosephs-boostoniphone Thanks Galbraith!
First of all, Apple haven’t updated the path given by xcode-select since 4.3. xcode-select -print-path will output “/Developer”. To update it for Xcode 4.3′s new pathing, simply run:
sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
I have cloned the git repository of the excellent boost iOS framework script found here: http://goodliffe.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/building-boost-framework-for-ios-iphone.html
You can download all the necessary files from here, which most importantly contains the updated shell script:
(You will find an xcode directory in there: I haven’t touched this and it probably won’t work – but this method is easier, trust me).
We’ll need to sacrifice some automation for now. I have commented out functionality for automatically unpacking the tar.bz file. Once you have cloned the repo, follow these steps:
1) Unpack boost_1_49_0.tar.bz2
2) Apply the “xcode_43.diff” patch from here: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6686 – Note: This is a temporary fix until boost officially supports Xcode 4.3. This may be an unnecessary step in the near future. When it is, it will be safe to re-enable auto unpacking by uncommenting “rm -rf $BOOST_SRC” in “cleanEverythingReadyToStart()” and “unpackBoost” after “Execution starts here”.
4) Wait and enjoy!
5) Note: If for any reason you wish to run the script again, because the script will not clean the boost build folder due to the patch we applied, you will get duplication errors in tools/build/v2/user-config.jam. Simply open it up and remove any code under “Python configuration”. Then you can happily re-run the script.
A final thanks to the following link for helping me update the script:
About MeI'm a 21 year old from York, England now living in Mountain View, CA. I'm an all-in-one programmer, designer and entrepreneur working in one of the fastest growing mobile startups by day, and disrupting the freemium mobile games industry by night. Read more...
- RT @cvalleskey: New favorite color, #16161D, the color you see in total darkness. » https://t.co/flK1XgBiA7 about 6 hours ago from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @Oculus3D: We just announced a $16 million investment led by Spark Capital and Matrix Partners to help us change gaming forever! http://… 01:37:19 AM June 18, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Appcelerator Titanium 3.1.1 is now out, addressing 125 bugs: http://t.co/u93edFp1X3 11:39:49 PM June 17, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @PocketGamer: Is this Logitech's 1st Apple-certified iPhone and iPad controller peripheral? - http://t.co/Orljs64rPe 09:34:48 AM June 17, 2013 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite