UPDATE: For the latest boost and iOS 6, clone this repo instead, it should “just work”: https://gitorious.org/~galbraithjoseph/boostoniphone/galbraithjosephs-boostoniphone Thanks Galbraith!
First of all, Apple haven’t updated the path given by xcode-select since 4.3. xcode-select -print-path will output “/Developer”. To update it for Xcode 4.3′s new pathing, simply run:
sudo xcode-select -switch /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
I have cloned the git repository of the excellent boost iOS framework script found here: http://goodliffe.blogspot.co.uk/2010/09/building-boost-framework-for-ios-iphone.html
You can download all the necessary files from here, which most importantly contains the updated shell script:
(You will find an xcode directory in there: I haven’t touched this and it probably won’t work – but this method is easier, trust me).
We’ll need to sacrifice some automation for now. I have commented out functionality for automatically unpacking the tar.bz file. Once you have cloned the repo, follow these steps:
1) Unpack boost_1_49_0.tar.bz2
2) Apply the “xcode_43.diff” patch from here: https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/6686 – Note: This is a temporary fix until boost officially supports Xcode 4.3. This may be an unnecessary step in the near future. When it is, it will be safe to re-enable auto unpacking by uncommenting “rm -rf $BOOST_SRC” in “cleanEverythingReadyToStart()” and “unpackBoost” after “Execution starts here”.
4) Wait and enjoy!
5) Note: If for any reason you wish to run the script again, because the script will not clean the boost build folder due to the patch we applied, you will get duplication errors in tools/build/v2/user-config.jam. Simply open it up and remove any code under “Python configuration”. Then you can happily re-run the script.
A final thanks to the following link for helping me update the script:
About MeI'm a 22 year old an all-in-one programmer, designer and entrepreneur from York, England. I worked in Silicon Valley for a year as an app developer. Currently finishing my degree while working on an ambitious 3D mobile game. Read more...
- Huddersfield really does have some spectacular views, just a few minutes walk from university. http://t.co/ry4M9lFQOd about 4 hours ago from Twitter for iPhone ReplyRetweetFavorite
- RT @indiewhipbot: MMM, WHAT'S FOR DINNER? A NICE HOT CUP OF GET THE FUCK BACK TO DEVELOPING. 08:22:01 PM April 16, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- I decided to not apply for the Disney Accl. Good luck to other applicants! 03:57:08 PM April 16, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Reached my 1000th code commit of a single project today. Started the repository exactly 3 years ago. 03:32:23 PM April 16, 2014 from web ReplyRetweetFavorite